How to Fix Application Error Message (0xc0000005) Windows 7, 8, 10 – The application error 0xc0000005 is also called as Access Violation error that is generally faced by the Windows users. This problem is quite broad and the reason behind this problem may vary. This error is normally experienced by the users when they try to open a program or application on their Windows laptop. Due to this, the users unable to start the application and perform any task related to that particular app or program.
How to Fix Application Error Message (0xc0000005) Windows 7, 8, 10
The reason for this problem may vary depending on the situation such as, antivirus may trigger application error 0xc0000005, it may be the Windows system registry that are corrupted or the problems with the application’s driver. Well, if the reasons could be anything then of course, the solution may vary. Let’s roll down the different solution for the different possible reason of this nightmare.
Solution number 1: Perform Windows Restore
This method can really work for you. This is one of the best method to fix this issue. Doing a Windows Restore and make your system work like earlier will definitely resolve your issue.
- On your Windows 10, hit on ‘This PC‘ folder and head to Advanced system settings inside the properties windows. Click on the ‘My Computer‘ icon in case of lower version of Windows.
- Now, when you are on the Advanced settings, head to the System Protection tab and then select System Restore button.
- Next you have to move to the Show more restore points link available on the loser side and select the box.
- Now, select a restore point like the date before 15-20 days when your system was working fine with that program.
- Hurray! You have tackled the situation.
Now, go to that program that was showing an error while opening. Your bug should have been resolved now. If not, move to the next step.
Solution number 2: Repairing Registries
The registry in Windows consist of very crucial data about the system hardware, settings, installed applications and profiles of each user holding an account on PC.
Sometimes, these registries get corrupted due to some error with the files. Viruses and malware can also cause harm to these files. Therefore, follow the given instructions to fix the registries in order to solve the problem.
- Open any web browser and download the registry cleaner online.
- Launch the program after completion of the installation process.
- Now, move to the Registry tab available on the left pane and select Scan for Issues button.
- It will start to look for the possible errors in registry and when the scan will be done, you will see an option that says Fix Selected Issue. Select the button to fix the issues.
Reboot your PC once this is done and check if the problem persists again. If the situation is still the same, move to another method for fixes.
Solution number 3: Run System File Checker
Launching System File Checker will scan the integrity of all the protected Windows system files and it will replace all the damaged files with the correct versions.
- Make a right-click on the Windows button and open Command Prompt window with administrative rights.
- Now type “sfc /scannow” on the black window that appears on the screen and press Enter key.
- Wait for the system file checker and close the window when done
After this, try the application which was showing an error 0xc0000005 and if it still doesn’t disappear, continue to the next solution.
Solution number 4: Inspect your BCD
It seems that you have some infected files on your computer. May be, the virus or malware has attacked on your files. Check your BCD and locate the fix if found. In Windows, open CMD as administrator, type “BCDEdit” and press Enter key. If you see that xOxload.exe is your Windows Loader Path then, you need to delete these files and fix those BCD.
Once this is done, boot to Windows Repair and open Command Prompt window. Now, enter the following commands and press Enter after each:
Del D:\Windows\System32\xOsload.exe Del D:\Windows\System32\xNtKrnl.exe Del D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\oem-drv64.sys attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old bootrec /rebuildbcd
Solution number 5: Disable DEP
DEP refers to Data Execution Prevention that is a complete set of security features designed for thwarting code execution from non-executable memory segments. IF the error code 0xc0000005 is caused due to DEP is enabled on the computer then, you need to turn it off. Follow the below steps to do this:
- Log on to your PC as Administrator and click on the Start button.
- Now, open Run command box and type “sysdm.cpl” in the box. Hit OK.
- Next, when the System Properties windows appears to you, move to Advanced tab and then head to Settings.
- Now, you will see Performance Options window that will pop-up on the screen. Click on Data Execution Protection tab and select the option “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select” and then click on “Add” button.
- Look for the files from the Open applet and locate the exe files of the software which causes the error message. Proceed by clicking on the Open button.
- Now, hit on the Apply button and then on OK to see the changes.
Solution number 6: Bad RAM Memory
Many times, a bad or improper RAM brings about this issue. If you have installed a new memory and facing this issue of 0xc0000005 error then replacing or removing this RAM will resolve your issue.
Removing the memory may resolve your issue if this is the case. Also, don’t forget to restart your computer after removing the RAM.
- Firstly, remove all the cables from your computer like power cord, keyboard wire, any USB, etc.
- Now, remove the battery of the laptop and then memory if possible.
- Restart your laptop and see if the problem is resolved.
If it works, the main culprit is Memory. Now, either you have to replace the memory or get a refund for your computer.
Hopefully, these solutions will clear your issues completely from the root. Now, you can help your friends if they also have the same issue. Comment in the given box to share your experience with us.