Fix for Discord Wont Open Windows 10 – Discord is an application that is used by Windows users for chatting purpose. Through this application users chat and send voices to other users while playing the game. On the off chance, users may confront some issues while opening it such as “Discord won’t open” appears while opening it. In this case, you don’t need to get panic. We have the solution to this.
Fix for Discord Wont Open Windows 10
Well, what we have noticed is that Discord doesn’t stops and it keeps on running in the background which can be confirmed by going to the Task Manager Window. you will see discord.exe is in running process. It means, the Discord app is running but now showing on the screen. Whatever the reason behind this, we have got solution for you.
Try the best fixes which you find easier.
Fix 1: Task kill using Task Manager
You need to stop the running process and restart the app to solve this issue.
- Press these keys simultaneously: Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- This will open Task Manager Window on the screen.
- Go to Process tab and scroll down the list to locate discrod.exe name.
- Select the name once found.Hit on End Task button located on the bottom right corner.
- If you find another file on the window, do the same task for them.
Once it is done, exit the Task Manager window and relaunch the application. It will work normally now.
Fix 2: Task Kill
Well, this fix is optional for Method 1. Sometimes, the first fix doesn’t work for some users therefore, you can try this:
- Press and hold the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “cmd” in the open box and hit Enter key.
- Type “taskkill/ F/ IM discord.exe” in the window and hit Enter key.
- This will kill discord.exe task and fix the issue.
Once this is finished, relaunch the discord application.
Fix 3: Remove AppData contents
You can try reinstalling Discord application by uninstalling it first. However, this may or may not resolve your issue. But, you can try it. Delete all the contents and files of this application from the computer and then reinstall it for a fresh start.
Follow the given steps to do this:
- Press and hold Windows + R key and then type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Hit Enter and locate Discord app from the list of software.
- Select Discord app and then click on confirm.
- It will take some time to delete the app. keep patience.
- Once the application is deleted, hit Windows + R and type “%appdata% in the given box.
- Delete all the folders that you see in the box.
- Also, delete them from the Recycling bin and reboot the computer once it is done.
Reinstall the Discord application once its is completely uninstalled from your computer. Hopefully this technique will fix the issue. Users can also try using Discord application after removing all the cache and cookies from their browser. It could by the reason with your app that is not opening on the screen.