DS4Windows not Detecting PS4 Controller Windows 10 [Fix] – DS4 Windows is a tool which provides a better experience to the users for playing computer games on Windows OS. But, many users are facing an issue with DS4 Windows after updating the system to Windows 10. The problem is this, that DS4 controllers are not connecting to their systems. Generally, it reads “No Controllers Connected (Max 4)” error and this messages doesn’t vanish even after reconnecting the DS4 Controller with the OS.
Now, the question comes is that, what is the reason behind this problem? Let’s discuss the reason of DS4 Windows when it doesn’t detect Controller in Windows 10. Well, there may be different reasons initiating this trouble which are depicted below:
- Windows Update: New Updates in Windows may initiate this problem. May be Windows 10 is hindering the access of DS4 controllers to the users.
- Crashing of Device Drivers: If the drivers of DS4 Controller are outdated or having some issue then, you may face this problem. This problem can be easily resolved by installing the drivers again.
- Controller are disabled by DS4 Windows: DS4 Windows might have accidentally disabled the controller to use in Windows 10.
DS4Windows not Detecting PS4 Controller Windows 10 [Fix]
- Uninstall and reconnect DS4 Controller Device: To do this, you need to close DS4 Windows and remove DS4 controller. Now, press Windows + R keys to open Run dialog box and type “Control Panel” followed by the Enter key. Select ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then ‘Devices and Printers’. This will show you a list on the screen for the devices that are connected to your computer. Now, this is a time to reconnect your DS4 controller to your computer. Next, select the icon of gamer that popped-up on the screen and click on Properties. Switch to Hardware tab and then click on “HID complaint game controller”. Now, hit the Driver tab and select ‘Uninstall Device‘. Now, disconnect the game controller from PC. Finally, reconnect DS4 Windows and DS4 Controller on your computer.
- Re-enable DS4 Controller: When you are already playing and suddenly DS4 controller stops working then, you can re-enable controller device. You just need to open Run dialogue box and type ‘devmgmt.msc‘ followed by the Enter key. Expand the section of ‘Human Interface Devices‘ and double click on ‘HID -complaint game controller‘. Enable it to detect by DS4 Windows.
- Remove Windows Update: Sometimes, updated Windows can restrict the functionality of some outer devices. In this case, you need to uninstall the updated Windows. Press Windows + I to open Settings Window and click on ‘Update and Security’. Now, move to ‘Windows Update’ option and click on it. Now, select “View installed update history” and on the next window, select ‘Uninstall updates’. Restart your computer after doing this.