How to Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Windows 10 – Since the Microsoft has released Windows 10 updates, most the of computer users have reported various blue screen errors and “CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT” Error is one of them. We do fathom that its very frustrating situation when you are stopped in the middle of your work by this error.
How to Fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on Windows 10
Fortunately, this problem is resolvable. And, here we are mentioning 6 easy fixes for you. You don’t need try them all; just follow the given fixes until you are done with the solution.
Fix 1: Window Update
If you are facing this error for the very first time then you should make sure that you have all the Windows update patches installed to your computer. Here you go:
- Press Windows + I keys at the same time to open Settings window on the screen.
- Now, move to Update & Security option and click on Check for updates located on the right.
- Windows will take few seconds to identify any updates for your PC. Just wait for it to install automatically and let it finish.
- Reboot your computer when the update is installed. Check if the blue death error still persists.
Fix 2: Update device drivers
Corrupted or faulty driver becomes the reason of many issues raised in one’s laptop. Updating drivers may solve your issue if this is the case. There are two methods to update have a look:
Manual method: Manual method is quite long and takes too much time. This is done by going to the manufacturer’s website for your hardware devices and choose the right drivers that go with your Windows 10 OS.
Automatic Update: If you want to do it through Automatic method then it’s very easy and time-saving. Install Driver Easy on your PC to update all the drivers for your hardware devices.
Fix 3: Uninstall third party antivirus software
The third-party antivirus software may cause interference with other software and also cause “CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT” issue. Therefore, you should remove third-party antivirus from your computer. If doing this resolves your issue then contact the vendor of your Antivirus software and ask them for help. Or, you can install any other antivirus software that is good in functioning.
Fix 4: Change BIOS settings to default
There are different method to set the BIOS settings in different computers. If you don’t have nay knowledge regarding BIOS settings then, don’t attempt anything as it may cause harm to your system.
You need to follow the on-screen instructions to set the BIOS setting to default. Restart your computer into normal mode and check if the problem is resolved.
If you still face the same issue, update BIOS to resolve the issue.
Fix 5: Launch Memtest
There is major chance that this blue screen error is caused due to fault in hardware memory. Therefore, to check this run a RAM check and see if the problem is solved. Do it this way:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R key at the same time and then type “mdsched.exe” in the empty box.
- Select Restart now and check for updates option. After this, your computer will restart itself.
- Keep patience until it scan is finished. It may take 15 to 20 minutes so, you have to be very patient.
- Once done, restart your PC and check if the problem is gone.
Fix 6: SFC
- Press Windows + X and hit on Command prompt.
- Type “sfc /scanow” and hit Enter.
- Once this is done, restart your laptop.
Your problem is gone now. Isn’t it too easy? Comment in the given box to tell us if it helped you out.