Fix for Driver Power State Failure- The Driver Power State Failure error mostly occurs when there is a problem with power settings or driver. But, you don’t need to fret about it as we are here to help you with top solutions. Well, there might be few different reasons for this problem but the solution to this issue is very simple.
Here, we are depicting the top-three solution for your that are easy to follow and will help you to get rid of this issue. You don’t need to try them all. But if the first solution doesn’t help you then proceed to the next method.
Method 1: Disable power saving feature
The Driver Power State Failure error might be the reason of some power setting. Therefore, you need to change it if this resolves your issue.
- Press Windows + R button on the keyboard to open Run dialog box on the computer screen.
- Now, type Control Panel in the empty box and hit the OK button.
- This will open the Control Panel window on the screen. Select Small Icons in View by located on below the search box on the right.
- Now, hit on Power Options to move ahead.
- Make sure Balanced (recommended) is selected on the screen, and hit on Change plan settings beside it.
- Now, hit on Change advanced power settings link.
- One the available screen expand Wireless Adapter Settings and click on Power Saving Mode.
- Now, change the setting to Maximum Performance.
- Once you are done with this, scroll down the screen and expand PCI Express and Link Power Management. Change its setting to Maximum power savings.
- Hit on the Apply button and then OK.
- Now, reboot the system and check if the error still appears to you.
If this doesn’t fixes your muddle then it’s time to move to next solution.
Method 2: Remove irksome drivers
Corrupted or faulty drivers may cause this issue and it will be beneficial if you remove those drivers from your OS. Check the status of your drivers from Device Manager. The faulty drivers will have a yellow mark beside them. If you don’t find any corrupted driver then you can move towards next method.
To uninstall corrupted drivers:
- Open Run dialog box and type “devmgmt.msc” in the box followed by the Enter Key.
- Expand each driver name and see if they have a yellow mark.
- Make a right-click on the corrupted drivers and uninstall them completely.
- Reboot your computer after each uninstall.
Method 3: Update drivers
The two solutions given below will definitely resolve your issue but, if they don’t you can try update the drivers. Do it automatically thorough Driver Easy software.
That’s all to fix this Driver Power State Failure error. Now, if you have found found this article helpful, feel free to comment in the below boxes. Also, if you any queries, leave it in the comment box. We’d love to help you.