Err_Tunnel_Connection_Failed Google Chrome Proxy [Fixed] – Internet not working and a message “Err_tunnel_Connection_Failed” appears on the screen? Don’t fret. This is not a complicated problem and can be solved within minutes. Read this article to know how..
Fix for Err_Tunnel_Connection_Failed error, appears on the screen when Chrome browser fails to render the proxy response for some websites.
You should know that the main reason of this error is security issue. If the browser allows 502/302 scripts to ignore discrepancies and work in the same place as the target domain, then the attackers/hackers may get a chance to illegally access to users’s Chrome.
Err_Tunnel_Connection_Failed Google Chrome Proxy [Fixed]
Luckily, there are few methods to resolve this issue, try any of the following solution given below.
Fix 1: Try your network settings: Before doing anything, let’s confirm the network settings if they are properly configured.
- Open Google Chrome browser and navigate to Settings option. Scroll down the screen to reach Advanced Setting tab.
- Now, move to Change Proxy Settings. This will open the Internet Properties window.
- Next, on the Connections tab, select LAN Settings.
- Ensure that the Address and Port settings are matching the settings that you have received from your proxy provider.
- After changing the settings, reboot your computer for the new settings to take effect.
Users can also set the browser to Automatically Detect Settings. If the browser is already set this way, enter the proxy server manually and port data. Now, let’s have a look on another point.
Fix 2: Reset TCP/IP and Flush DNS
- First you need to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Find the Command Prompt in the Start menu.
- Now, go to Run as administrator point.
- Select Yes when shown by User Account Control option.
- Now, enter the following commands and hit Enter key after each command.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nest int ip reset
- nesh winsock reset
- Now, reboot your computer and see the changes.
Hopefully, this should have resolved your problem. If not, move ahead to
Fix 3: Set a New DBS Server Address.
- Go to Network menu on the windows taskbar.
- Now, make a right-click on the Open Network and sharing Center option.
- Next you have to click on View your active networks. Hit on the network you are connected to currently.
- Navigate to the Properties option under Internet Connection Status window.
- Head to the Networking tab and locate Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the list of items. Hit twice to select one.
- On the next window, you may see the Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically option. Uncheck this option and enter the following address:
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Put a checkmark on the option that states Validate Settings Upon Exit and then click OK.
- Reboot your computer now.
Try these solution and get rid of Fix for Err_Tunnel_Connection_Failed error. One or another method will surely help you to overcome this issue. Comment in the below box to share your experience with us with these solutions.