How to Fix Error Code 0x80004005 Windows 10 – These days most of the users are installing Windows 10 that is latest release given by Microsoft with advanced features. To make sure the stability, security and high performance of Windows there are constant new updates from the Microsoft for all supported versions of Windows. When a user install these updates sometimes, they got stuck in way and receive an error code “0x80004005” and their installation stops suddenly.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80004005 Windows 10
In such case, users mostly restart their laptop and start installing the update again. It works in most of the cases but not in all. Therefore, we have got some easy fixes for you that will resolve your problem.
Method 1: Run an SFC scan
May be this problem has been raised by system files that is necessary to install for Windows Update. In this case, if you run SFC scan ie. System File Checker Scan then it may work for you. To do this you need to open Command Prompt on your computer. Type “sfc /scanow” in the window and hit Enter key. It will start scanning the corrupted files or missing files on the PC and will suggest you necessary fixes.
Method 2: Remove everything in “systemroot”\softwareDistribution\download
One of the prime reason for this issue is a wrong version of the affected Widows updates being downloaded for some reason. If this is the case, you should delete all the corrupted downloads from the Windows Updates folder. After that, install them again. Follow the given steps to do this”
- Press Windows + E keys at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Now, move to the following directory: %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Downlaod or X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Note: In the above directory X represents the drive letter beside to whatever partition of your PC’s HDD/SDD Widnows is installed on.
- Hit Ctrl + A together to select all the folders and files together in the Window.
- Press Delete button and confirm the action on the pop-up screen
- Now, exit the File Explorer Windows and Move to the Recycle Bin folder.
- Delete everything from the Trash folder and Restart the computer.
- Keep little patience to boot up your computer and then launch Windows Update.
Check if it is downloadable without any interruption.
Method 3: Install the update by manual method.
If you are getting 0x80004005 error everytime when you install Windows then, you can try installing particular Windows update. Follow the given steps to do this:
- Open any Search Engine on your screen and open Google.
- Type Microsoft Windows update KBXXXXXXX download in the search box and hit Enter. Here, X is to be replaced by KB code assigned to you for the update you are looking for.
- Locate and hit on the link to a download page. Make sure that you have entered the official website of Microsoft.
- Once it is done, run the update and follow the on-screen instructions for the complete installation.
That’s all with the solution of this error. Once you follow these steps correctly your problem will be solved for sure.