Fix for Wifi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Windows 10 – Wi-Fi network is a great convenience for all those users who don’t want to deal with Wire mess. Also, if you want to move your laptop to a new and different location then you can do it easily without worrying about the wires and switches. Some users have reported “Wi-Fi doesn’t have valid IP configuration” error message on Windows 10 when they try to connect Wi-Fi on their laptop.
Wifi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Windows 10 [Fixed]
This article will tell you the various ways to prevent you from this issue. Have a look:
Method 1: Reset TCP/IP
Follow the given instructions to do this:
- Navigate to Command Prompt window and enter the following commands:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- Exit the window and restart your computer.
Many computer users found this solution to be very effective. Well, in your case if this doesn’t help, follow the next method.
Method 2: Change wireless SSID and password
If you change SSID and password then, there are chances to fix your issue. To do this, you will have to connect your computer with your modem or router using an Ethernet cable. Change the wireless SSID and the password. Check the modem’s manual for detailed instructions.
Method 3: Set the channel width to Auto
Follow the given instructions to set the channel to Auto.
- Press Windows + X key on the keyboard and select Network Connections from menu.
- When you see Network Connections window, make a right-click on the Wireless Connection and go to Properties menu. Locate Configure button and then head to the Advanced tab.
- Locate 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4 and set it to Auto.
- Hit on OK button to save the changes.
Method 4: Set IP address
When you take a new wireless network, you are assigned a new IP address. This is done by DHCP but if an issue occur with this, you will get an IP Configuration error. Follow the given instructions to solve this issue:
- Press Windows + X key and go to Network Connections.
- Make a right-click on the wireless network and click Properties from the menu.
- Now, hit on Internet Protocol 4 option available on the screen and select Properties.
- When you have reached on the Properties window, go to Use the following IP address option and move towards the IP address, Subnet mast and Default gateway. You may require to use the different data to enter in these boxes. We have used Google’s Public DNS, but you cna use different DNS server address.
- Once this is done, hit on the OK button.
Optionally, you can access the modem or router and turn off DHCP and configure it to assign a static IP address to your computer. Hopefully, you have eliminated the Wi-Fi issue and now you are able to enjoy the internet connection without any hindrance. Fee free to share your experience with us by commenting in the given box.