Fix for Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings – Every computer user is facing one or other issue since when the Microsoft has released Windows 10. And, looking at majority side users are confronting proxy issues in Windows 10. Many PC users see “Windows could not automatically detect network’s proxy settings” message while troubleshooting the internet connection problem. If you are also encountering the same problem then read this article to get the easiest solution.
Follow any method to solve your issue. You don’t need to try them all; Just work your wary down the list until you avail the right fixes.
Method 1: Check the Proxy server settings
- Firstly, you need to disable proxy server on Internet Explorer browser.
- Now, hit Windows + R button to open Run dialog box and type “inetcpl.cpl” followed by pressing Enter key.
- Move to Connections tab and then click LAN Settings button.
- Now, check your proxy settings if it is okay.
Method 2: Install up-to-date driver
Use Driver Easy software to update your network adapter driver automatically. It will automatically detect the wrong or corrupted driver and then provide you the best fixes to solve your issue.
Method 3: Reset TCP/IP
- Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and move to Command Prompt from the main menu.
- Type “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt” in the empty box and hit the Restart button if the problem could be resolved.
If you still face the same issue on your computer then try the next method to fix it.
Method 4: Remove your antivirus software
If you have antivirus software in your computer despite having Windows Defender on your Windows 10 OS then, it may create an issue that is to be solved immediately. Remove your antivirus software by going to Uninstall a program from Control Panel window. If this removes your issue then you should try another antivirus software.
Method 5: Disable your proxy server
- Press Windows + R button on the keyboard type “inetcpl” and press Enter button.
- Select LAN Settings in Connections and uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN option shown on the screen.
- Now, select the box that states Automatically detect settings and click OK.
- Again, hit the OK button.
Method 6: Reset Windows Sockets and IP
- Click Start, open Command Prompt and click on Yes.
- Now, type the following and press Enter key after each.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ipv4 reset
- Once this is done, Restart your PC and troubleshoot the internet connection.
If any of the above solution worked for you then its good and if not, then you can use a System Restore. If you started to experience this issue after installing any application then this could resolve your problem. Users just need to select the starting point from which you wants to restore your PC data and then hit on the Next button.
Additionally, you can perform an SFC scan to vanish this message while troubleshooting for internet connection.