Fixing Xbox Error that Blocks Party Chat (0x89231906) – Being able to chat or send voice message while playing an online game is the most interesting part of online multiplayer gaming. And, this is the reason why your Windows computer came with pre-installed Xbox app. Some users face issue while communicating with the team players in the game and the error code appears as “Your network settings are blocking party chat”, with an error code 0x89231906.
When this error occurs, users don’t able to connect to the party chat again and also not able to use that feature after attempting many times. However, it has nothing to do with the game and it runs smoothly. But, the players loses interest in playing.
Fixing Xbox Error that Blocks Party Chat (0x89231906)
There are several options that you can try to solve this issue. You don’t need to try them all, just solve your case.
Method 1: Open Several ports required for Chatting function
It may be possible that some required posts for chatting feature were blocked by default. And, if you unblock them, it can resolve your issue. After all, Port forwarding is not a difficult task and can be done within minutes. So, let’s proceed towards the solution:
- Hit on the Start menu button and then on Control Panel to open the window.
- Navigate to System and Security option and then to Windows Firewall. If you could not find the option, do the search for this option in the top right Search box.
- Now, navigate to Advanced Settings option and select Inbound Rules in the left section of the screen.
- Once it is done, make a right-click on Inbound Rules and hit on New Rule option. Under the Rule type section, hit on Port button. Choose either TCP or UDP from the first set of radio buttons and switch radio button to “Specific local ports”.
- Now, enter the following Party Chat functionality “53, 80, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500″.
- Once it is done, hit on the Next button.
- Select the Allow option and then hit on the Next.
- Also, select the network type when you wish to fix this rule.
- Now, name anything to the rule and then click on the Finish.
Method 2: Remove third-party network tools and adapters
Uninstalling third-party network tools and adapters could resolve your problem also, they provide improvement with your internet connection. Third-party application sometimes interrupt with the chat features such as Xbox Party Chat. Let’s proceed towards the solution:
- Before moving towards the solution, make sure that you are logged in with an administrator account.
- Now, create a backup of your PC data because it will permanently delete your data.
- Click Start and then Control Panel or Setting on Windows 10.
- Now, on the Control Panel screen, choose View as: Category located at the top-right corner and then click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section
- If you clicked on Setting then click on Apps. It will show you a number of options with the name of the programs installed on your laptop.
- Now, look for Hamachi in control Panel or setting and click on Uninstall button.
- On the next screen, you will see several options. But, you need to click on Uninstall the program and wait for some seconds.
- A message will appear on the screen that says “Do you want to completely remove Hamachi for Windows?” click Yes.
- Once it is completed, hit on Finish button and restart your PC to see if the error is gone.
Also, it is crucial to check whether there are other third-party network drivers are available on your computer that may cause a problem with the both Windows Firewall and your Xbox Party chat feature. Follow the given steps to do this:
- Go to the Control Panel and head to Hardware and Sound option.
- Now, click on Device Manager and expand the node beside Network adapters.
- Now, make a right-click on the entry that should be named similar to the program. If you are not sure enough, do a Google search for each of the devices that is seen under the Network adapters.
- Select the Uninstall device option and then OK to confirm the uninstall task.
- When the uninstall process is completed, restart the PC and check to see if the problem appears again.
Method 3: Change the default communication
It may be possible that your device got disabled by default, especially in a case when you are using an external device like headset or similar. Alter these settings easily to ensure that you select the proper device to use for the party chat.
- Make a right-click on the volume icon located at the taskbar and select the Playback Devices option. Look for Sound settings if you can’t find this option.
- Go to Hardware and Sound and then sound option. Make sure that the devices for the sound are enabled.
Hopefully, one or another method will solve your issue for 0x89231906 error.