Fixing Xbox Error that Blocks Party Chat (0x89231906) – Gone are the days that you play or your player 2 enjoy games on your console. Alongside the internet, consoles allow gamers to play with other people from wherever they are. The most fun part is being able to chat with them while playing. Not just chat, type your words king of thing, but in game voice chat. That is the idea behind Xbox One’s Party Chat.
Party Chat is best when playing a multiplayer game. It’s like the 90’s 3-way calling on home phones except, its more than three parties. With your gaming headset on, talk to your party while your hands are on the controller. All you have to do is invite them using their Gamertag and talk to them while gaming.
The biggest bummer however, comes when Xbox Error Code 0x89231906 greets you as you are so excited to chat with your online buddies. This would display an error that says; “Your internet settings are blocked party chat.”
Fixing Xbox Error that Blocks Party Chat (0x89231906)
We all do not want to miss out on anything so here are a few methods you can try to get back into the conversation and be up with the latest from your online friends.
Solution 1. Start the ports required for the Chat feature.
- Click on “Start” then on “Control Panel” then on “System and Security” then on “Windows Firewall”.
- Click on Advanced Settings, tick the Inbound Rules.
- Right click Arriving Rules and select New Rule. Select Port within the Rule type segment.
- Choose either UDP or TCP from the customary radio buttons and start the second radio option to Specific Local Ports. Detach by comma and click next once done.
- Allow radio connection button in the following window and click next
- Choose the network category when applying this rule. Make sure you check all options prior to clicking next.
- Name the rule with something you can easily remember and finish.
Solution 2. Uninstall Third Party Network Tools and Adapters.
- Log in using the administrator account so you will have the authority to delete programs. Make sure to back up the data you want to save as there is a possibility that deleting Hamachi will remove them too.
- Click Start > Control Panel > View As > Category > Uninstall a Program.
- Locate Hamachi on the list of programs and click on uninstall. Its uninstall wizard should pop up with a lot of options. Select uninstall the program and wait for two to three minutes.
- Confirm yes if it asks you if you want to completely remove Hamachi for Windows.
- Click Finish and restart your computer. Check if error still appears.
Solution 3. Reset MAC Address and clear the Persistent Storage.
To clear the insistent storage
- Go to setting on the Xbox One and direct ro Blu-ray & Disc.
- Select Blu-ray.
- Clear the option persistent storage from insistent storage.
Resetting the MAC Address
- Choose settings on the Home Window of Xbox One. The setting segment pop ups with several options, click on “All Settings” on the top to proceed.
- Select Network Settings > Alternative MAC Address on the screen which appears promptly.
- Click clear button and it will bring you to another screen that will ask you to restart your console. Proceed with restarting. Then try again.
Solution 4. Use Reimage Repair Tool.
This tool scans the repositories to check and repair corrupt and missing files. This works most of the especially when the error is caused by data being corrupted. Reimaging also optimizes your system for maximum performance.
If none of the methods work, you may want to resort to contacting their technical support. After all, they have years worth expertise and training on this field.