How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10 – File Explorer in Windows 10 is the same as Windows Explorer on Windows 7. However, in Windows 10 it has some new useful features for the computer users. It makes the interface look more better and more user friendly than Windows 8. It allows the user to reach different files and folders available in your PC.
The additional features in Windows Explorer includes the quick way to reach it through Windows + E key. Another way is to type “File Explorer” in search bar and then hit Enter. Also, it has ribbon interface and built-in Microsoft OneDrive for syncing the PC files to the cloud.
Basics of File Explorer
- The option of Quick Access has been replaced as “Favorites” on Windows 10. The updated Windows 10 add your recent opened files and folders to this area. To remove a particular folder or file from Quick Access you just need to make a right-click on it and hit on “Unpin From Quick Access”.
- The option My Computer has been replaced by “This PC” on Windows 10. It contains all the drives on your PC and also USB drives and DVD drives.
- The One Drive is similar to Google Drive that provides you free online storage to upload the files and access it from anywhere.
- Picture Tools is a thing on Windows 10 through which a user can do basic things with an image like rotate, slideshows, set as background, etc.
- File Menu is for opening Command Prompt & Powershell.
- Search box is located on the bottom bar of the Desktop screen to search the items on your PC.
How to Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
- To add a folder to Quick Access, you will simply make a right-click on the specified folder and select “Pin to quick access” option.
- To start with File Explorer in quick steps, choose “Pin to Start” or “Pin to taskbar” that will show the icon of File Explorer to the bottom bar.
- However, to remove the item form quick access, you just need to choose “Unpin from quick Access” option.
If you find that File Explorer is getting hang while making right-click then, check out these steps for the solution:
- Press Windows + X keys together to open Command Prompt window.
- Type “netsh” and press Enter key.
- Now, type “Winsock reset” and restart the computer.
It will fix the issue of File Explorer hang. If the problem still persists then, try uninstalling the Windows update. Many times, updates create some issues with PC functioning. To do this, follow the given steps:
- Type “Windows update” in the search box and select the top most option.
- Now hit on Windows Update Settings> update history>uninstall updates> select the option and then hit on Uninstall button. It will remove all the updates of Windows.
Once you follow these steps, your issue will be resolved for sure.