Solution for Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Not Working – Keyboard is a very crucial component of a laptop or computer. Without the keyboard it will be very difficult to do anything on the system. If your keyboard is not working with Windows 10 don’t fret, you are not alone. Many users have reported this issue that their keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 update.
Solution for Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Not Working
The good thing is that, there’s a solution to it. Adopt any one method to resolve your issue. If the first method doesn’t fix your problem then go ahead for method 2 and so on.
Method 1: Remove Synaptics driver
Windows 10 doesn’t work with all older drivers and it seems that Synaptics driver is causing it. It is because Windows 10 is not fully compatible with this driver, and it may be the one of the reason of not working of your keyboard. To overcome this issue, you need to uninstall Synaptics driver.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Make a right-click on the Windows start button and select Device Manager from the list that opens.
- The window for Device Manager will open on the screen. Choose Synaptics driver by making right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall from the shown options.
- If present, put a check in the box that says “Delete the driver software for this device” and hit OK.
- Restart the system after uninstalling the driver.
When your system will restart again, the default driver will be installed automatically and the keyboard of your laptop will be working fine.
Some computer users suggest uninstalling HID keyboard, mouse drivers and touchpad from the laptop. So, you can give a try to it. Just make sure to restart your PC after removing each driver.
Method 2: Renew your keyboard/ trackpad drivers
You might have got a CD with your computer. You can use that CD to install the necessary driver on your PC. If this doesn’t work, you can visit your laptop manufacturer’s website and download the updated drivers for the keyboard and trackpad on your laptop.
To install the drivers updates automatically you can use TweakBit Driver Updater that makes your task easier. Once this software is installed into your PC, it will start scanning the outdated drivers on your PC and will give you a report on it. Users have a choice to Update All the drivers at once or to do ti individually.
Method 3: Disable Filter Keys
Filter keys is a feature on the Windows laptop to ignore repeated keystrokes. You need to turn off to resolve this issue. Go ahead by following the given steps:
- Hit the Windows Start button to open Control Panel window and then go to ease of Access Center.
- Scroll down the screen and click on Make the keyboard easier to use option.
- Scroll down again and find filter Keys option. Make sure to remove the tick mark from the box that says “Turn on Filter Keys”.
- After turning off this option, hit on Apply button and then click OK to save the changes.
Method 4: Unlock Keyboard lock
It may be possible that you have locked the keyboard by mistake. Pressing Windows Key + Space could resolve this issue and all buttons on your keyboard should starts working. Many users have fixed this issue through this process. You should give a try to ti at least once.
Also, you can try another simple technique by pressing Shift and Lock button to unlock the keyboard. In this article, we have mentioned the simplest technique to resolve keyboard issue with Windows 10. You can also try update your Windows as Microsoft keeps releasing latest updates for it.