Fix for MSVCP140.dll is Missing from your Windows 10 Computer – Error may appear on your computer screen while opening a program or application or game on your Windows laptop. The full messages reads like “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” Well, if you have landed on this page, you might be looking for the solution.
Don’t worry as we have the best and easy fixes for you. In this article, you will learn what causes this error and ways to fix this problem.
When you try to open a program, you see an error like some file is missing. This is because of the presence of some virus or faulty application that has corrupted msvcp140.dll file on your PC. This issue will hinder your PC work and will stop you to use your programs.
So, let’s move towards the easiest solution to deal with this dilemma in no time.
MSVCP140.dll is Missing from your Windows 10 Computer Fix
- Install the missing dll file
- Reinstall Micorsoft Visual C++ Redistribute Package
- Run a virus scan
- Perform a clean installation of the software
First option: Install the missing MSVCP140.dll file
If MSVCP140.dll file is missing or corrupted in your computer then you need to restore this file to fix this issue. For troubleshooting, you should use DLL-files.com Client. This is a tool for Windows to repair DLL files in just one click. To use this software, you don’t need any technical skill, the software will itself detect your PC type and you don’t have to worry about downloading the wrong file. The DLL-files.com will handle everything for you.
- Download the DLL-files.com client from the internet.
- Complete the installation process and type MSVCP140.dll in the middle search box.
- Select Search for DLL File option. On the next screen select msvcp140.dll available next to File name.
- Select Install. Now, check if the error appears again.
Second option: Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++
If Microsoft Visual C++ file has been corrupted for any chance then you need to re-download it to fix the problem. Visit Microsoft official website and download the file on your system. Once you have completed the download, restart Windows and open the software to see if any error occurs.
Third Option: Run a virus scan
It may be possible that any virus present on your system is preventing the MSVCP140.dll file from being detected. Open the antivirus software installed on your system and run a full system scan. Fix the issues that are showing in the result. Now, try to open the program which was showing you an error.
Fourth option: Clean installation
- Press Windows + R to open dialog box. Type “appwiz.cpl” in the vacant box and press Enter key.
- This will open a list of installed software on you PC. Make a right-click on the software that is creating an issue and Uninstall it.
- Restart the system after removing the software.
The problem should have gone now. We have depicted easy solution to solve your issues However, you can find some complicated method on the internet which is of no use. It is because the main motive is same, i.e. to solve the problem. Hopefully, you found this article helpful. Share your experience with us by commenting in the given box.