How to Reset, Restore Dell Laptop to Factory Settings – It always feels good when you work on a newly brand laptop. With a new Dell Inspiron laptop you get large space, awesome speed and the best features.But, as the time passes, you start facing some glitches with it. The issues like freezing, overheating, storage issue, etc become common problems after some time. You may feel slow performance of your laptop as the time when you install software and applications. At such situation, restoring the laptop to factory settings will solve many common issues.
How to Reset, Restore Dell Laptop to Factory Settings
Check out the following methods to restore your Dell laptop to factory settings. Please note that restore of a laptop erases all the date saved on your system. therefore, you need to create a backup first.
To create a backup of your files, you can either shift your data in Local Disk D or if there is large memory data then you can take an external drive to copy-paste your data into it.
Backup your important files and data
Hit on the Start button> Control Panel> System and Maintenance and then click on Back up and Restore Center. Under this option, you have to click on Back up files. Now, the computer will ask you “Where do you want to save your backup? after this, you have to choose the location for saving the backup files. Select the hard disk or CD that you have attached to your laptop and click Next. When the computer asks you “Which file types do you want to create a backup? select the files that you wish to save and then click Next. Save the settings on the next screen and wait for some time to complete the Backup procedure.
Hard Reset on Dell Laptop
Now, when you have safely created a backup of your important files, follow the given steps to restore your Dell laptop to factory settings.
- First of all, click on the Start icon and then choose Restart from the Power options.
- When the system gets started press F8 key repeatedly to enter into the Advanced Boot Options menu on the screen.
- Select Repair your computer using Down arrow button on the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Press Enter key and select your language settings. Click on Next.
- Now, you need to Log in as administrator followed by clicking on OK button.
- Next, you have to click on Dell Factory Image Restore option. Select Next.
- Select the box that states “Yes reformat the hard drive and restore system software to factory conditions” followed by clicking on the Next button.
Once it is completed, you computer will now restore to the factory settings. hit on Finish to restart your laptop and enjoy working on your fresh new laptop.